Posted: July 25th, 2015, 3:22am EDT
The newly launched sport-utility vehicle Creta was excluded from the price rise, it said.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 8:25pm EDT
In what appeared to be a response to growing criticism from investors about Karnataka’s industrial environment, chief minister Siddaramaiah on Friday constituted a power-packed Vision Group on industry.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:31pm EDT
Louis Berger, the US firm which admitted to its executives involved in corruption cases in India, has said that it had itself cracked down on corrupt practices, including conducting internal investigations.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:30pm EDT
The labour ministry is all set to cap premature provident fund withdrawal at 75% of total deposits in case an Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscriber goes without a job for two months. The rest 25% would be paid to the subscriber at the age of 58 years.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:27pm EDT
HDFC Bank is rolling out handheld machines across India that could work just like ATMs through which customers in rural areas, where setting up full-fledged ATM kiosks is proving to be commercially unviable, can carry out most banking transactions.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:26pm EDT
HDFC Bank is working on an ambitious plan to get the thousands of ‘vintage businesses’, which are its customers, to sell their wares on a new online platform that the bank will launch in a couple of weeks. The products will be made available to three crore depositors. Examples of the businesses are a Chanderi saree maker, a bell metal craftsman from Chhattisgarh and an Aam papad manufacturer from Amritsar.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:24pm EDT
As opposed to a few years ago, companies in India now seem to be cracking down on their top executives, who are failing to deliver. Nestle India MD Etienne Benet, who will be ‘relocating’ to Switzerland after he failed to handle the Maggi crisis suitably, is not the first one.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:23pm EDT
The government has no intention to dilute the powers of RBI and the revised draft financial code unveiled on Thursday does not reflect the views of the finance ministry, top government sources have said.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:17pm EDT
Energy-to-retail conglomerate Reliance Industries (RIL) posted a muted 4.4% growth in its first quarter net profits ended June 30, 2015. The company’s consolidated profit after tax stood at Rs 6,222 crore as loss-making US shale gas operations were a drag on profits from core refining and petrochemicals business.
Posted: July 24th, 2015, 7:16pm EDT
Jaiprakash Associates, the flagship company of the JP Group, has been downgraded to default status by rating agency Care following its failure to meet its payment obligations.